Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken Drumsticks


 Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken Drumsticks
I don’t know if you are in to Pinterest but I can just say – if you haven’t discovered it…you may just want to leave it that way.  Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Pinterest, a lot, but it is like a giant vortex of deliciousness that will suck you in with it’s sticky tentacles and you can kiss some hours of your life goodbye forever.
A while back I repinned a photo by my friend Jessica at The Novice Chef that has been haunting me for 2 months.  That happens to me a lot when I get into a Pinterest frenzy and start pinning things I know I want to make.  Her recipe for Sweet & Sticky Baked Chicken Drumsticks looked so good I knew I had to make it.  Check out this picture?  Drool!  Click the image below to go to her website – you owe it to yourself to see what she’s puttin down over there.
 Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken Drumsticks
I tweaked her recipe just a tad to make it slow cooker friendly and swapped out parsley for cilantro and that’s it.  It’s hard to improve on perfection!!
Sticky Chicken Drumsticks – Slow Cooker
Yield: 5 servings
Serving Size: 2 drumsticks
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup local honey
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 6 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
  • 2 teaspoons sriracha (or other hot pepper sauce)
  • black pepper
  • 10 chicken drumsticks, skin removed and discarded
  • cilantro
  • toasted sesame seeds
Instructions
  1. In a sauce pan add the honey, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sriracha and season to taste with black pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower the temperature and simmer for 5 minutes, until the sugars have dissolved and the sauce is beginning to thicken. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
  2. In the bowl of a slow cooker, add the skinned chicken drumsticks and pour the sauce over. Move the chicken around a bit with tongs to coat completely. Put the lid on and cook on high for 4 hours, flipping chicken a couple of times during the cooking process. Just before serving, sprinkle with torn cilantro leaves and sesame seeds.
  3. Serve with steamed white rice and your favorite veggie and devour!

0 komentarai (-ų):

Blogger Template by Clairvo